Reflections.

 I am currently writing this as an assignment reflecting on the status of the blog right now. The goal of this particular assignment is to assess whether or not the blog is keeping up to par with the expectations of the course work. One question posed from this assignment is whether or not this blog meets all the rubric criteria. As it stands, I think this has been mostly satisfied, though I have been dinged before for not adding pictures to these blogs on a consistent basis, much to my chagrin.

The next question asks if any portions of the writing assignments have been confusing or have caused stress of any kind. I would say no to stress though I have questioned the wisdom of some aspects of the rubric. In a sense, this could be a type of confusion. However, I am not the professor and/or school management and therefore my own opinion on the subject is quite irrelevant. 

The question after that interrogates as to whether or not I have been putting my best effort into the maintenance of this blog. I would answer this with sort of. I have put my best effort into the writing portion of the blog, but the parts that relate to media I have not. To be frank, I'm not much of a visually inclined person and strongly dislike looking for the appropriate media for the topic on hand. Time spent on the layout is time that can be spent writing and/or revising my content.

The next question asks if I procrastinate. I can definitely say with confidence that this isn't the case. I get my work done pretty quickly, when I have the time to do so. I wait to submit the projects because it gives me more time to oversee them and tell if they need extra work.

Afterwards, the next question asks if I review and revise my own blog. I finish up the content fairly quickly, but I wait to post it just for this very reason. So the answer is technically yes, I suppose.

Next I'm asked if I feel comfortable writing on a public blog. This aspect doesn't bother me at all, I'm very careful about not letting my personal life leak out onto the internet.

Following up, I am asked if there's anything in class that I would like to discuss in relation to improving the blog. As of right now, the answer to this is no. I'm pretty comfortable, all things considered.

And finally, I'm asked if I have learned anything about blogs that I didn't already know. I've done blogging in the past (no, I won't reveal what those were in the name of privacy, don't ask) so I'm not new to this. I also read political blogs as a personal hobby of mine since I am politically engaged. So everything I've been exposed to in this class with reference to blogging is stuff I've already known.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why you should travel to Puerto Rico

Another post about Puerto Rico.